We’re so grateful for all the positive comments we have received for the Book Exchange Program from our initial post so LET’S DO THIS! We’ll have to test-run this first time and see from there what we can learn to improve the system but for now here are the guidelines:
1) Books Exchanges will be organized one batch a month. (Posting a timeline below)
2) Books for swapping should be readable and at least in fair quality. Who wouldn’t just love to get a quality book in return? Unfortunately, we have the right to say no to a book if it does not pass our standards (sorry!). Anyhow, it’s our pleasure to lead you to quality books.
3) To join this Book Exchange you’ll need to accomplish a form (as seen above). All participants who have submitted a form shall be automatically included in the Book Exchange in a specified batch (congrats if you do!) Thus, they should be fully committed to the Book Mania Book Exchange Program.
4) Book Mania will not publicly post participants’ info on the blog after they have submitted their registration forms (promise!).
5) Registration will go on for one (1) week and after it is closed, Book Mania will collate and post within three (3) days. For the unfortunates who won’t able to submit their forms within the designated time, there’s good news to you! You can still join the next swap. You will always be welcome!
6) Since we will be separating Local and International swaps, Local Swaps will be segregated by country based on the entries we have received. If only one (1) participant joined in one (1) country and has expressed interest in local swapping, we will notify that person to suggest joining the International swap instead. But of course, it is your decision if you want to join or not.
7) We will be posting the book list of our prospective Book Exchange on book mania.me After the list is posted, books will be on a first-come-first-served system. Participants need to comment in the post that they will be reserving the book that they want.
8) Reservation of books will go on for one (1) week. After the deadline, once all books have been assigned and everything is ready, we will let you know via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)! Remember that once you reserve, it will be final.
9) Book Mania will be the one to give the contact of the person in the swap. Beware of spammers. Just be careful always.
10) To make it more fun, please include a simple letter with the book package.
For security, all books to be shipped should have a standard tracking number. All local post offices provide a reference number for parcel tracking. The tracking number should be given by the sender to the receiver via email.
First Batch Timeline
- Submission of Registration Form – Deadline on February 20, 2015
- Posting of Book List for Swap – February 23, 2015
- Reservation of Books: February 23-28, 2015
- Assigning of Partners: Around March 1-3, 2015
- Shipping of Books: Should be within 1-2 weeks once partners are assigned
We’re looking forward to a lot of participants!
Let’s do this! Are you ready to join?
Sounds like fun!